SpiderConnect Pro Fimrware Release - 160823
Hello Spider Fam!
We are glad to announce that we have released a new firmware for SpiderConnect Pro router. The new firmware including the following fixes
- Fixes Wifi 5G not updating settings.
- Fixed firmware version number.
- Fixed VPN location switch causing internet loss sometimes.
- Fixed DNS unblocker not operational when VPN is enabled.
- Improve VPN location switch speed.
- Fixed VPN connections for Virgin Media Broadband customers.
You can download the new firmware from here: https://spidervpn.org/clientarea/dl.php?type=d&id=37
Please make sure to select remove settings when installing the new firmware.
Please note that the new version should be r23763-46ed38adeb showing on the bottom right of the UI after installing. If you see a different version number after installation, please use the method below to install instead.
If you are using the old firmware before 0.37 or using the old dashboard GUI (Not the green one) or having problems upgrading, please try the following steps:
- Download the new firmware.
- Unplug your router from power.
- Hold the reset button on the back of the router with a toothpick.
- Replug your router to power while holding.
- Wait for 20 seconds then release.
- Connect your PC/Laptop to the Spider router LAN yellow port with an ethernet cable.
- Navigate to http://192.168.1.1 on your web browser.
- Click the big button there and select the firmware image then confirm if asked.
- Wait for 4 minutes until the progress bar is completed.
- In a few minutes, you should be able to access your spider router using http://10.11.0.1
Please open a support ticket here if you have any problems.
- Wednesday, 16th August, 2023